Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Here's Cookin' To Good Health!

Okay, so hubby and I have found that we DO lose weight when we watch our carb intake. Trouble is, I LOVE to cook high carb suppers...you know....pasta....enchiladas.....cornbread...rice....rolls.....etc...I could go on. Well...this week, I have planned our supper for each evening void of those ingredients that are out and out, carbs. We started tonight. It was really good....I found a spice packet for Asian Steak & Broccoli. So...I bought a nice sirloin steak.... 1 1/2 pounds....sliced into small pieces and cooked it up in olive oil and the packets of seasoning along with plenty of broccoli. Guess what? It was good...and....i don't feel ill and bloated as I sit here and type. It left me feeling good! I will be watching the scale this week and hopefully will see the numbers start to go down. I think it is the evening where I lose the battle each day...so hopefully I'll begin seeing success. We had sugar free lemonade, too. :-) Then I did an hour on my eliptical trainer while I watched the Dancing With The Stars. It helps me to be motivated to work out when I see others movin'...LOL...I guess...mysery loves company. Seriously...watching them dance makes me wanna get up and move...so the eliptical does the trick.

No comments: